You must have an online filing profile to use the exemption application.
If you have created a Polk County Property Appraiser profile in the past, you may use the same user name and password to sign in to the exemption application.
1. From the Sign-In Page, enter your user name and password.
2. Click "Log On."
Creating an Online Filing Profile
If you do not have an online filing profile, follow the steps below to create one.
1. Click "Create Profile" on the Sign-In page.
2. Enter a user name, your email address, and a password.
3. Click the "Create Profile" button. You will receive the message below:
An email has been sent to the address you provided. Please follow the instructions on the email to continue the online filing process.
NOTE: Check your email in-box for a message from the Polk County Property Appraiser's Office. The email text states the following:
You have successfully created an Online Profile with the Polk County Property Appraiser's Office. Now that your profile has been created, you may enter your user name and password to access online applications. Please click the link below or paste the URL into your browser's address bar to sign in.
4. Once your profile has been created, you may proceed to the application by clicking the link provided or by pasting it into your browser's address bar, then entering your User Name and Password.
NOTE: Checking the 'Remember me' box will keep you logged in as long as you do not exit the browser. If you exit the browser or purposely “log out”, you will be required to log in the next time you visit the site. It is recommended to log out if you are using a public or shared computer.
Once you are logged on, please review the Disclaimer.
If you do not agree, click "I DO NOT Agree" to leave the application and return to the Polkpa.org homepage.